Sexual assault and abuse do not happen to “other people.” They happen to us, our friends, our neighbors, our children, our classmates, our coworkers, our communities. In the US, nearly 1 in 2 women and 1 in 5 men will experience sexual violence in their lifetimes.
We say no more. No more rape. No more victim blaming. No more shame. We mark Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month by speaking out against sexual violence and the attitudes that allow it to continue, and by championing the work to prevent it.
- April 2nd: Pittsfield rally against sexual violence, Park Square, Pittsfield, 4-6pm. Just bring yourself – we’ll have friendly faces and extra signs.
- April 14th: Forum on sexual assault myths & realities, Berkshire Community College, SBA lounge, Pittsfield, 12:15-1:15pm. Elizabeth Freeman Center debunks myths, presents realities, and shows avenues for help.
- April 21st: Great Barrington rally against sexual violence, on Main Street in front of Town Hall, Great Barrington, 4-6pm. Just bring yourself – we’ll have friendly faces and extra signs.
- April 22nd: Pub trivia night fundraiser, Hotel on North, Pittsfield, 7-9pm. Test your knowledge, win prizes, and raise money to support Elizabeth Freeman Center’s sexual assault response services all at the same time. It’s a win, win, win! For more information, visit the event’s Facebook page.
- April 28th: North Adams rally against sexual violence, City Hall, North Adams, 4-6pm. Just bring yourself – we’ll have friendly faces and extra signs.
- Anytime: call our 24/7 toll-free confidential Hotline if you or someone you know needs support, advocacy, counseling, accompaniment at the hospital or police station, or just to talk. All services are free and confidential. (866) 401-2425.