*To stay updated on the latest happenings of Walk a ‘Virtual’ Mile, head on over to our Facebook page!*
Last year more than 900 Berkshire County residents of all ages and backgrounds took to the street and walked a mile united against rape, sexual assault and gender violence. Together we raised over $90,000 to support Elizabeth Freeman Center’s life-saving services. Thank you!
This year we take the Walk virtual! And we need your help to make this year’s Walk A Mile as memorable and successful as ever. Here’s how you can participate:
- Spread the word that EFC is here, open and ready to help;
- Take photos and videos at various Walk a Virtual Mile displays and share on social media with #WereHereWeWalk to join Elizabeth Freeman Center in spreading awareness about sexual and domestic violence in Berkshire County. We’re on Facebook and Instagram;
- Walk a Virtual Mile with us between Tuesday, September 8th and Friday, September 18th (Click here for schedule of socially distanced planned walks and suggested routes);
- Register Here and help us raise funds with your family, coworkers and friends;
- Donate Here so that we can raise the funds that we desperately need to continue to fight gender based violence.
Stay tuned for more details!
Spread the word on social media and tag 3 friends with #WereHereWeWalk to help us promote Walk a Virtual Mile! Check out our social media toolkit.
The world changed, but the violence continued.
These are dangerous and unprecedented times. The very necessary steps we take to stop the spread of Coronavirus also create the very conditions that result in increased domestic and sexual violence. And we are seeing it.
Elizabeth Freeman Center is OPEN! Our hotline is answered 24/7. Our offices are open to help with emergencies, receive walk-ins, provide basic assistance, i.e. food, shelter, safe phones and transportation, and help with forms and protection orders. In addition, our shelter is open and we continue to motel survivors fleeing danger when our shelter is full.
Help us continue to provide these life saving services and donate today.